Subject: Re: [Leica] Question: Single Stroke vs. Double Stroke M3
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:21:08 -0500

Mike - my $0.02 before the real experts chime in.  I had a DS that I wanted
S. Krauter to change to SS and she talked me out of it.  The tactile feel
of M camera use has certain merits and why not double your pleasure with a
DS.  The reasons to change to SS have to do with better mechanisms, getting
away from a porcelain film support and probably some other that I don't
remember.  For the experts on the list - IO was told to try to get an M3
with S/N over 1,000,000 but don't know if there were any DS with S/N above
1 mil or were all > 1 mil M3's SS?

ernie