Subject: Re: [Leica] These kids today! (was Re: silly errors)
From: clifford wright <skidoophoto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:05:19 -0800 (PST)

Similar event with me a couple a weeks ago. Subject
dissapointingly and bit condescendingly said, "Oh, we
can't see if the photos are any good"?
 And just yesterday a staffer for the Austin American
Statesman asked me, "So do you just like shooting with
35mm".
 Sure, I "just" like it and I don't have a choice
since I haven't invested 4 more thousand dollars in
photo gear yet...
Clif

 --- Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I was having lunch with a model last week and
> happened to snap a photo of
> her across the table with my m6. after which she
> said "ooh! Let me see it!"
> (meaning the photo). And I realized not only had she
> grown up in an all-AF
> world, but an all digital world. In all of her
> twenty or so years she'd
> never been photographed by anyone using film before.
> But that was not the
> end of my creeping-methusila: when I handed her the
> camera she asked about
> the function of both the winder lever and the rewind
> knob. And I realized
> that the pro-nikon's haven't had either since the
> F4, and that was ... Ye
> gods, a long time ago. She gave the leica a curious
> going over, pronounced
> it "cute but strange" and we continued with lunch.
>
> Remember when I used to be the youngster in this
> group? I'm falling apart
> anymore.
>
> Kc
>
> Frank f. had sed:
>
> >My son got his first M6 camera.  He has been a SLR
> user for many years, so
> >this was a first time for him to not have AE or SLR
> focusing.  He reported
> >back that he had a problem with his new M6.... he
> forgot to focus when he
> >set the aperture, or he forgot to set the aperture
> when he did focus.....
> --

=====
"The eye is for looking, not for thinking." Marc Riboud