Subject: Re: re-[Leica] Epson 2200
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:14:25 -0500

T r i s t a n T o m wrote:
> I hear that the Epson 1280 provides even better color than the 2200
> although not as archival (25 years as opposed to 80 years). But, you can
> get archival pigmented ink cartridges for the 1280 at
>
> http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/generations-e-dp.html
>
> I just ordered a 1280 due mainly because Epson has a $100. rebate going
> right now and I had a $50. off online coupon from Staples.com + free
> shipping. I hope I don't regret not getting the 2200 but at double the
> price of the 1280, I couldn't see that I would get double the value.

Don't forget that if you change inks, you will need to get a new ICC
profile for the printer/ink/paper combination since the regular Epson
profiles will no longer apply. It looks like Inkjetmall sells
collections of profiles for the 1280 for $175.00, but there are numerous
places that will do a custom profile for your specific printer/ink/paper
combo for less than that. Check out http://www.drycreekphoto.com for
example.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014