Subject: Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:15:26 -0500

At 02:44 PM 2/24/03 -0800, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>One doesn't try to "fix" a Lucas starter, generator or regulator
>when they are burned out.  Exchange for a rebuilt one, and hope
>that it is rebuilt in the USA.
>
>My last British car was 40 years ago, and my blood still boils
>thinking about it!

Well, then, we'll hear no more from YOU on this subject!  Thank you for
remaining so current on the fields you discuss so freely.

I have rebuilt dozens of Lucas starters, generators, alternators, and
regulators.  I have also rebuilt a number of the same items from Bosch.
The Lucas items are far easier to disassemble, clean, fix, and re-assemble.
 (Let's not get onto discussing Ducatti or the like ... )

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!