Subject: Re: [Leica] These kids today! (was Re: silly errors)
From: "Forrest Herr" <os_penguin@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:10:00 -0600

Technology is a blessing and a curse, because so many things are auto-this
and auto-that, it seems to become a bit silly.  Now there are many people
younger than me (and I'm almost 17) who will have no clue what an LP is,
they will also never see a rotary-dial telephone, much less know anything
about vacuum tubes,  or command-line operating systems or know what it is
like to change a channel by turning a knob.  many of these kids may not
learn how to use a real Manual camera, or respect the capabilities of such
cameras.  I am one of the few in my generation that prefers a 35 year old
leicaflex SL over "modern" cameras.

- -Forrest Herr
(still rolling up car windows manually)