Subject: RE:OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:12:31 +0100

> My last British car was 40 years ago, and my blood still boils
> thinking about it!
>
> Jerry

I've started driving in my father's Austin Seven, a twenties tiny car
perhaps the grandfather of the Mini of Alec Issigonis, without hydraulic
brakes and without gas pump, the gravity did the job. Many often you had
to start the engine with the crank (it was really embarrassing in strong
rain) but I remember that with sympathy...mainly because was a time,
after civil war, when almost no car was on the Spanish roads.

Kind regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again)