Subject: Re: [Leica] lens for a newbie
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:54:31 -0800

At 03:01 PM 2/26/2003 +0100, Nathan Wajsman (private) wrote:
>...Fundamentally, I just fail to see the point of spending $1600 on an M6
>or $2200 on an M7 (or whatever the price is these days) and then putting
>some ancient non-Leica lenses on them to save money.

It's not for saving money per se (but I suppose that never hurts), but more
like to see if there are some "favorite" lens that deserve a 2nd chance in
life, so to speak. I mean don't some leicaphiles think the older M lens
have more glow or characaters? Or that some people think the Zeiss glass
have more warmth? I guess I am a gadget head in that sense.

Thanks.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>