Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens help
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:35:08 -0700

Flare is a common complaint levied against this lens. I had one and it
flared on light tones right from brand new. It is also a bit soft when
close and wide open. I sold it and bought a 90/2.8 Elmarit-M which is
very flare resistant and very sharp wide open. I subsequently traded
the 90/2.8E-M and some cash for a 90/2AA which has the same performance
as the E-M all the way to f/2.

My personal opinion is that cleaning will not help. It never hurts to
try though some people maintain their TEs are flare resistant
indicating that the is significant sample variation with this lens.

John Collier

PS: The original 90/2.8TE was a fat lens the next version is the skinny
one you have.