Subject: [Leica] Is this normal for an M6?
From: Victor Tavernini <victor6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:10:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello.  The FedEx man was kind enough to bring my new
(to me) M6 Classic today.  One thing I noticed is that
the left red metering triangle in the VF turns itself
off if it senses that the exposure is set to ~1.5-2
stops too low ... is this right!?  Is this some sort
of 'check the lenscap' reminder?

Unfortunately the camera didn't come with a manual ...
and my previous experience is limited to the M3.

Regards,

Victor Tavernini

Start of mandatory OT content -

Of course I was sipping a quality single malt while
machining parts for my Mini when the FedEx truck
arrived. At first I thought he was bringing me my
special tea so that I could get over my sexual
problems (being Italian) ... instead it was just this
lousy M6.