Subject: Re: [Leica] R9
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:18:29 -0800

on 2/26/03 8:25 PM, WOC at woc2@earthlink.net wrote:

> A friend dropped off a R9 with winder and 100 macro lens for me to use for a
> week and a half while he is out of town.  Unfortunately he did not bring the
> flash so I am somewhat limited.

No, he knows better than to put a flash on a Leica.

> He is convinced the lens is one of the
> magic lenses and I will be hooked once I see the results... I guess the most
> pressing question is what film to use that will best show off the lens.

Kodachrome 25... if you can find any, otherwise Kodachrome 64.  Print film
adds more variables.  You want a controlled test, no?

> Guess I should mention that I like the 'rich' colors.

You've got the right lens.  You may find that the lens has as much influence
on color satuation as the film does.  Use it and your other 105 at full
aperture, in harsh backlight and see if there's a difference.

> Is this really one of the magic Leica lenses?

:-)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com