Subject: [Leica] RE: [MUGers] Re: New M?
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 05:18:55 -0800 (PST)

Why would the companies you mention willing to be an
OEM supplier to Leica ? They seem to be doing quite
well themselves. For Leica's "nay" attitude in
retrofitting their existing M or R to digital, Sony,
Panasonic, Canon and the rest already proved that they
can build a variable zooming viewfinder, both macro,
wide-angle and tele in a zoom lens, movie and still
photography capability, memory stick plug & play,
flash, auto-focus, AND much much more in a package
about 1/2 the size of the existing Leica M. I'm not
too sure Leica's brandname and prestige can entice
these companies to be Leica OEMs.

BTW, I read Leica's comment why its impossible based
on current technology to adapt M&R into digital. Sound
BS to me, in view of the fact of what the other
companies can achieve.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/HdIolB/TM