Subject: Re: [Leica] TRIVIA TUESDAY IS UPON US!
From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:44:55 -0800 (PST)

ALL blended Scotch is but a poor reflection of the
real thing. Fine if you're going to add a mixer or
ice, but to drink neat, or with a splash of water, it
has to be a single malt or at least a vatted malt (a
blend of single malts with no grain whisky). Which one
is a matter of taste. Personally, I love the peaty
ones, but there are no poor singles, not even
Glenfiddich - although that's the best to try for
those whose palletes are attuned to blended.

As to the brands, well there aren't all that many
distilling companies, but a lot of distilleries and a
lot of blended brands.

For those who wish to know more, the world expert on
all malted barley-derived drinks is Michael Jackson
(no, the real one, not the plastic imitation!). Google
should be able to point you in the right direction -
if you're careful!

Nick

Nick