Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone use/fondle a Rollei 35RF...
From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:00:16 -0800 (PST)

Others have already described the camera: the lenses
are the 40mm Sonnar as used in the Rollei 35 (nice
lens, very nice, but not quite as good as the
Summicron-C IMO), the 50mm f1.8 Planar as used on
Rollei's 35mm SLRs - that one won't worry Leica or
even Cosina/Voigtlander too much, and the 80mm f2.8
Planar alledgedly derived from the TLR lens - which
does sound a little more interesting. But the glass
isn't actually new, it would appear, and doesn't
appear to be the optical challenge to Leica I would've
liked from my favourite camera maker.

Nick

http://www.rollei.de/cct/files/rollei/data/Rollei35RF_e.pdf