Subject: [Leica] Re: M7 - size of read outs
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 12:58:53 +0800

Hello Luggers,
Yesterday I was at my favorite Hong Kong camera store (Cameron Photo,
Lock Road in Tsim Sha Tsui), playing with an M7 0.85 (which may
shortly replace my M6 HM TTL) and the LED readouts of the shutter
speed at the bottom of the view finder seemed to me bigger and more
intrusive than I remember them in the 0.72 M7 viewfinder. We didn't
have an M7 0.72 at hand to compare so my question to the LUG is: Does
the viewfinder magnification change the size of the readout? Put
another way, are the LEDs all the same size in each viewfinder
regardless of magnification - whether 0.58, 0.72 or 0.85? Maybe
somebody with more than one model of M7 can have a look and enlighten
me. Thanks.
Howard
Hong Kong