Subject: [Leica] Leica R8 and M6 TTL Wireless Flash, Multiple Flash
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:16:00 -0700

I posted some weeks back that I wanted to find a way to use multiple
flash units (non studio) to use with my R8.

Well it took some time to gather up all the equipment that I needed but
having finally done so and having completed my initial testing I can now
say that it is possible and the results are as expected. It works and
works very well!

My setup:     R8
                    Assorted Rom Lenses
                    Metz 40 MZ3 Flash* (used on the R8 or with a Nikon
SC-17 Flash Cord connected to the R8)
                    Metz SCA 3502 Module
                    Metz 32 Z-2 Flash
                    Nikon SC-17 Flash Cord (optional - see above)
                    Nikon SU-4 Wireless Flash Controller
                    Metz SCA 3401 Module (mounts between the 32 Z-2
Flash and the Nikon SU-4 Wireless Flash Controller)
                    Benbo Tripod to mount the Metz 32 Z-2 Flash. The
Nikon SU-4 Unit has a tripod mount  (also optional)

                    * also works with a Leica SF20 Flash attached to the R8

With this setup I was able to shoot perfectly exposed ttl flash pictures
indoors every time. The use of the Nikon Wireless Controller with the
Metz (Nikon) SCA 3401 Module allows the R8 to send a signal to a second
(off camera) flash turning it off once sufficient light had been emitted
on the subject for a correct exposure. I was able to place the second
flash as far as 40 feet from my primary flash and it still worked.

With regard to this setup with an M6 ttl. It also worked well in my very
limited test of only three exposures. I do not use flash with a M camera
as a habit but I did have a roll in an M6ttl 3 shots away from rewind. I
do not own an M7 and haven't tried this combination but I suspect it
would also work just fine.

Regards,

Greg