Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 9: Anticipation
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:50:46 +0100

I know I used my daughter as a PAW subject only 2 weeks ago, but she
just keeps providing me with material...

First a bit of background: she had been begging for a doll from a U.S.
company called American Girl or something like that. I called the
company to order, only to be told that they could not ship to
Switzerland because their dolls "did not meet European standards." I
thought of inquiring what possible poisons the dolls contain which were
acceptable for American but not European children, but instead I had the
company ship the doll-and-book set to my family in Florida, who in turn
sent it on to us. All this made the wait longer for Monica, and her
first words for 2 weeks upon coming home from school were, "Did it
arrive?" Well, one day it finally did arrive, and I was ready with my R8
  when she walked into the house and saw the package. These are the
resulting pictures. All were taken with Leica R8, 4/35-70mm Vario Elmar,
Metz flash, on Kodachrome 25 (that is the standard film in my R8).

Here, Monica has just realized what this box is, and is trying to figure
out how to open it:
http://www.wajsman.com/2003_9alt1.jpg

Big brother comes to help:
http://www.wajsman.com/2003_9alt2.jpg

Finally, the box is breached and Monica starts to extract the contents:
http://www.wajsman.com/2003_9alt3.jpg

The doll is carefully examined...
http://www.wajsman.com/2003_9alt4.jpg

...and pronounced satisfactory, apparently. This is the main picture:
http://www.wajsman.com/2003_9.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2003.htm
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland