Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Guilt?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:22:01 -0800

Since I am about to become a new owner of an M system, I can relate to
that. However, we own our business, I work hard (when you see me posting
with a timestamp at 4AM, that is not fake!), no expensive cars, no
expensive suits (T-shirts Yay!), no expensive BBQ grills, and while a
gadget head, I don't even own a PDA. We have 7 computers, but we have a
home office with a full time employee besides us. Our TV is 20 inches and
rarely is turned on, except to watch Anime sometimes, so no cable even.
Lots of books, but that is not a luxury, that's a basic human needs. In
fact, just about the only things *I* spend money on are food, photo related
stuff, didjeridus, and books.

I have to say, while I tend to have gotten "expensive" glass for my OM
system (the fast/wide F2 lens), they are nothing compared to the Leica
glass. There is a lot worse ways to spend your money though. At least
buying a Leica does not do anyone any harm (unless may be if you
accidentally drop it in someone's head).

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>