Subject: [Leica] PAW 9 dlridings
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:19:54 +0100 (MET)

I turned 50 last week and have been away (they make a big big deal out of
50 over here in Scandinavia). My wife and I got in the car and mosied down
to northern Germany. We didn't plan anything else other than we would look
for a place to sleep in Lübeck the first night.

Lübeck is a "Hansa city". Hansa was a trade agreement between up to 200
cities in the middle ages. Lübeck was the "Brussels" for a period.

A huge church was built (there are many, but this one, Maria, is taller
than the bishop's). More stories about that later.

In 1942 Lübeck was bombed and the fires that broke out spread destruction
throughout the cities, destroying many ancient works of art. These bells
finally feel down, from over 100 meters, and have been lying here every
since:

http://geocities.com/daniel_ridings/paw2003/9.html

The alternative is my birthday meal:

http://geocities.com/daniel_ridings/paw2003/9alt1.html