Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin Put's Essay on the MP
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:24:51 -0500

Jerry,

I believe monetary benefit is one of the things that is crucial to any
action for copyright violations.  It doesn't mean whether there was or
wasn't, but it's really hard to fuss about someone causing you "harm" if you
can't substantiate any monetary damage.  Harm because you don't like it, and
it upsets you, or it may get you in trouble with Leica doesn't usually
count.  Malice may, but I doubt this was posted with malice.

Austin

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Erwin Put's Essay on the MP)