Subject: RE: [Leica] Jonathan Eastland's Essay on the MP
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:19:04 -0500

> I also believe Jonathan has written more books on Leica use than
anybody
> and I know he's a consummate photographer.
> By the way Jonathan specializes in the photography of "tall ships" but
> also street photography.
> He has long been one of the top Leica experts.

He was a bit too quick to display his expertise with the gaffe in his
Leica M book saying that you could use the frame selector to narrow the
metering.

I considered keeping the (outdated, 1st version) book for that mistake
(and another one, where a photo was reversed left to right, so
horizontally, the shutter release is on the left side of the
photographer).

I agree though that he's a Leica expert.

- - Phong