Subject: RE: [Leica] Comments on a BD Colen statement & PMA
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:20:37 -0500

> The fact that the Leicavit costs 1.5X the cost of the
> Winder-M is troubling.

Patrick,

I believe you have failed to factor in the "Ivory Tower" factor...  You
don't think Herr Cohn drives a Hyundai, now do you?  My guess is the company
leases a new BMW for him at least every two years...  You don't think he
stays in a Holiday Inn when traveling, or eats at Friendly's for a "night
out on the town" with clients?  I'm sure this is all factored into the price
of the Leicavit, and other Leica products.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you...but if what I jest
about is even remotely true, realize you are subsidizing that with your
Leica purchase...and again, not that there is anything wrong with that...

;-)