Subject: [Leica] Looking for connections (summer job)
From: David Degner <leicanews@myrealbox.com>
Date: 06 Mar 2003 17:23:11 -0500

Summer is coming.  My hometown newspaper gave me the chance to intern at it again but I want to get out of Dodge.

If you know of anyone who is looking for an eager photojournalist in the
learning phase send me their contact information.  I would love to
intern in a small town where I get a lot of freedom, I wouldn't mind
being a professional's assistant.

Also I have a great story idea that I would love to work on this summer
(10,000 Somali Refugees are being given a new life in America[the
details are the amazing part]) but I would need funding.  I applied for
the Alexia Foundation fellowship but was beaten out by a Klu Klux Klan
idea (the kkk ideas always win :)).  Long story short, if you know of
any obscure foundation grants that I havn't heard of I would also love
information on them.

Thanks,
David Degner

P.S.  I updated my website if anyone wants to look at it.
http://www.wku.edu/~david.degner/