Subject: Re: [Leica]Korban Photo Essay
From: David Degner <leicanews@myrealbox.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 00:25:37 -0500

Excellent, extremely thorough look at a sliver of a culture many of us
are unfamiliar with.  Thank you very much for sharing, and teaching us.

Your style brings up a question that I have been debating myself about.
In your photo story you have many images.  Is it more effective to have
an large archive of information or wittle it down to where the audience
will study individual images more?  I think in your documentary of a
rather unfamiliar event the mass of photos gives a better idea of the
atmosphere and exactly what goes on.  Sebastio Salgado also uses a mass
of images instead of a few extremly strong ones.  I wouldn't agree with
how he uses a lot of images though because he is trying to get a point
across and just a few of his strongest images would probably have more
of an effect.  What do other poeple think, its getting late and my head
hurts so I can't embelish further right now, ill bring this up later
probably.

David Degner