Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW wk 10/sl
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:59:33 -0400

> I like it, but keep coming back to ... what is drawing her attention?

Daniel - it could be anything I was not looking behind myself.

> I'm
> not an expert on street-photography ... I don't know anything about it,
> actually. I think I used to do it.

I am not an expert either, but hopefully I am getting better with lots of
practice.

> But to put a street-situation in a context, I like to see an event, as
> small and insignificant (=not news) as it may be, but a slice of life.

That is exactly how I feel about SP.

> think a wider angle here (not like there's ever time to ... oh, let's
> change lenses) ... anyway, I wider angle might have included just a little
> bit more to round off the shot.

You could be right, but with candid SP you pretty much have to take it as it
comes. This shot was with the terrible Summilux 35/1.4 at f1.4, not so bad
as many people say it is.

> Hey, I don't know much, I just figure that if people take the time to put
> up their stuff ... and I know it takes time ... the least I can do is to
> give some response.

Your pictures are pretty darned good and thanks for commenting on mine.

> Daniel

sl