Subject: Re: [Leica] US Consumer Behavior
From: "Dimitri Visser" <dimitri@myjoy.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:54:15 +0100

Hi,

> statement would have us believe, how did the US ever become the world's
> economic and military powerhouse, and "a lamp unto the nations" as is
> generally acknowledged?

Maybe it's acknowledged by you...  But not generally acknowledged. The US is
the worlds biggest joke. Look at their tadebalance, the budgetary deficit
and their president. There's nothing to be proud of.

> I must have missed something. Perhaps "Old Europe" still has some
> important lessons to teach America... I wonder what they might be?

Maybe that's the biggest mistake. Unwilling to believe that you can learn
something from someone else.

with kind regards,
Dimitri

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] USA)