Subject: Re: [Leica] US Consumer Behavior OT
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 22:40:19 +0100

If you read again i wrote ultimate meaning that the 5 have the nuclear and
missile technology to wipe each other out quite effectively.
The USA does not have nor would it want to have the capability to take on
the other four.
It wants the ability to fight on 2 iraq type fronts simultaneously whether
it has this capability allready remains to be seen.
Lets see Iraq Korea and the Phillipines oops thats three allready.

With reference to third world status,
if you look at an important parameter like infant mortality you,ll find that
the american record is abysmal in comparison with europe.
There are many areas were the usa does not have superior capability things
like quiet submarines for instance.
What country has the ability to defeat a los angeles class boat?
Where does one find the best magneto dynamics for pulse generators .Who win
he most air to air competitions.
However i believe we are drifting from off topic to tasteless and i,m out.
simon

> Excuse me until I stop laughing. With the exception of the British there
is no
> nation on earth which has the ability to project power in the same was as
the
> United States. In fact any European country (the UK aside) is closer to
being a
> third-world than to the United States.
>
> The ability to fight effectively at any time of day or night, control the
air
> space, control the sea, provide high-quality crypto to officers in the
field,
> real-time intelligence gather, long distance logistic support: the
combination
> of these is beyond the grasp of any other nation...at this time. Even if
you
> took NATO, shucked off the US component, it wouldn't be any different.
>
> That's not brag, it's just fact. It's also why we should NOT go to war in
Iraq.

> And ultimately the difference is that while any single other nation MIGHT
be
> able to get a snap shot off to do significant damage to the US, only the
US