Subject: [Leica] wimpy slightly drunk dutchman
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 04:40:18 +0100

Had a strange night .first there was a bit of a discussion on the lug then
an unexpected clear sky ,which prompted me to take the boat gyro leica and
scala at 1600 out for a spin.
However force 7 winds at  0100 lt are a bit of a handfull so i await the
labs results with trepidation(hope this is a word).
Now at 0400 still cant sleep even though i ingested some legal narcotic
substances.
Why?
I,d like to share my feelings even though i know fully well that they have
not much bearing on the dismanteling of an m3 yes i did that as well tonight
and got it back together what engineering marvellous.
Why do world events keep me awake?
10 years ago things were easy .Our old aly(spelling seems off)Iraq who had
to defend the free west against the fundamentalistic Iran had gone sour and
invaded Kuwait.Oops that apart from the oil reserves was not nice and we had
to get them out of there.
Yeah that was better then flying a couple of hundred tourists to some exotic
destination to be bored.Now we felt a bit of use again deploying the immense
power at our fingertips to do something worthwhile for a change.
And in the meantime there were the kurds to watch over and the turks gee
must have carried a zillion gas masks in those days and some other stuff of
course.
But now?I,ve seen on CNN palestinian boys ,protected in vain by their
fathers , killed with American bullets .I,ve seen fledling nations being
bulldozed into oblivion.
I know of so many lands , so many tales.
I know my countries strength and also it,s
guilt
It was said during the period where the dutch and the english ruled the
waves,
that one could smell a dutch ship west bound before it was seen above the
horizon because of it,s cargo you see imported peoples from Africa.
Main reason for that was the at that time big discovery of dry ships(like in
not leaking) which enabled the dutch to import spices from far away places
and unfortunately transport African captives to the west.Your word drug is a
derivative of the word droog in dutch meaning dry.We had some more skeletons
of course (still think it silly however that we traded new york(amsterdam)
for surinam)and after centuries of debate and defeats decided that we were a
bad people indeed.

Now ,even though our collective conscentiousness detests colonialism we
together with great britain still find ourselves helping the USA.Well at
least a quarter of the usa is related to us somehow so what can you do they
are family!
But there is worse to come .I feel belittled .wasn,t my family proud once
were we not David,s father once?
Are we not part of this nice institution the UN which we support financially
,
unlike the USA which never has really.
Didn,t we learn of our sins and help to make a better world?
Wimps ?we are number 10 on any scale and one on one we,ll beat americans
nearly asleep.Hell they even have to buy our ships to have half a chance
against us.
Sorry for the testosteron.
If the USA chooses to go it alone the rest of the world has no option other
then to rearm.
We do not want the People of the united states of america to decide for us.
Think we are powerless?
Simon(about ready for bed phew finally)

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] wimpy slightly drunk dutchman)
Message from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> ([Leica] Re: FS Friday)