Subject: RE: [Leica] BD's tilting at windmills WAS US Consumer Behavior
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:10:57 -0800

> I am going to come back into this little pot I tipped over once, and
> then I'll retire from the field -

You know, this kind of comment, and the thinking behind it, is the primary cause of off-topic firestorms on the LUG.

If you're going to stop, then stop. Sooner is always better. Don't get off "one last message" and then stop. "Hey. I'm tired of this mess, and I'm leaving, but let me toss a little firebrand into it before I go."