Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 3200 and OS-X, anybody?
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 17:10:25 +0000

On 8/3/03 2:02 pm, "Rolfe Tessem" <rolfe@ldp.com> wrote:

> Simon Lamb wrote:
>> Alastair
>>
>> Go to www.photo-i.co.uk and you will see a lot about the 3200, a lot about
>> OSX and lots of forum activity and tips (plus sample images).  I am using a
>> 3200 on OSX 10.2.4 with Firewire and Silverfast Ai verison 6.  So far it is
>> going great and I am getting some excellent A3+ piezo prints.  My 3200 is
>> calibrated with the Silverfast IT8 calibration targets for reflective and
>> transparency.
>>
>> Try the url I gave - you will get quite a bit from it.
>>
>> Simon
>
> Simon (or Alistair, or anyone else):
>
> How does the Epson 3200 do with 35mm film scans?
>
> Rolfe

Rolfe

Really is worth going to the url above.  There is a great review of the 3200
and the Canon 9900 and there are examples of 35mm scans posted, some by me
some by the reviewer and some by others.  Rather than use bandwidth here,
check it out.  One line summary would be, not as good as modern dedicated
35mm scanners but if you want both MF and 35mm in a unit under £350 then it
is terrific.

Simon

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Epson 3200 and OS-X, anybody?)