Subject: RE: [Leica] M6/M6TTL power consumption...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 09:39:01 -0500

Mark,

> Austin and John and others... You KNOW I'm no electrician but:

You're right, you're not ;-)

> Because there's a huge precedent for those seemingly inert forces on a
> test to have real effect in the results.
> That's why you try to eliminate as many variables as you can or things
> which are happening with one example which is not happening with
> the other.

Because, as I said, it will have absolutely no effect at all, and is a
fool's errand to believe otherwise.  Should I put take over the ASA dial as
well?  Perhaps do the tests with a full moon only?

> A piece of tape on a terminal may at first glace be inconsequential. But
> is it making for a better contact? Grounding it  better somehow?
> Interfering with the electrical field somehow?

No to all three.

> We have to take into consideration that we don't know how everything in
> the physical world works yet.

Er, right...but we do have to take certainly things for granted...like
gravity, and that tape over these two terminals is utterly inconsequential
to the tests, especially when the battery is out of the camera.

Austin