Subject: RE: [Leica] Optimized Features of the Leica MP
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 09:19:47 -0700

Rolfe--

Gotcha. I thought you might have been putting your tongue in your cheek! And
yes, Leica is respoinding to the needs of buyers, of those who want
something different from the M7.

Now it will be interesting to see what Leica does with the M7 and the
cameras that follow it. That is, how will the presence of the MP influence
the future developments of the M7/M-System. If the company has one camera
that is nearly all mechanical, that means that they are free to expand upon
the system in some interesting ways.

Cheers!

Kit

Rolfe wrote:

<<We have no disagreement...

I personally don't like the M7, but agree it is a logical extention for
Leica. Likewise, I am heartened that Leica has not abandoned the idea of
the purely mechanical camera, which has appeal to a certain segment, of
which I am one.

My comments were meant to be partially tounge-in-cheek, but I do think
that Leica has heeded the complaints of some of its user-base that it
needed to pay more attention to those who think things have gone
downhill since the M4. Obviously, they felt there was some merit to that
line of thinking or the company wouldn't have produced the MP.>>