Subject: Re: [Leica] wimpy slightly drunk dutchman
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:49:30 -0800

  Mark Rabiner wrote:

> And who invented the highway (freeway)?
>
> And who invented the freeway interchange? (spaghetti thing)

I think these are both German inventions, with the advent of the first
Autobahn.  The separation of traffic flows via a median, an overtake
lane (a concept lost on most US drivers), and on and off ramps are all
Autobahn firsts, AFAIK, although in the US, the concept was extended
upon (particularly through spaghetti interchanges) when the Interstate
system was built.

M.