Subject: Re: [Leica] wimpy slightly drunk dutchman
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:52:31 -0800 (PST)

The US and the English as well as a few hapless tag
alongs have been the proponents of this now gospelized
view point. I feel that if there had been no DIRECT
military intervention on the part of the US, the
Soviets would have managed to defeat Germany anyway
but at a much higher cost in lives for both sides. The
resultant conditional Soviet "victory" would have left
the USSR in no condition to project any influence
outside its neighbourhood. The English would have
survived as the conquest of England became impossible
after the German disaster in the battle Britain but
like the Soviets their ideas of world empire would
have evaporated. The whole thing would have proceeded
like any other European war.
But then as now, the Anglo-American alliance IMHO was
more interested in expanding English cultural
dominance than anything else. The German war provided
an incredibly good excuse!
Javier