Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica focusing...HELP!
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:52:27 -0800

(1) Focus in "landscape" mode. (It's harder to focus in "portrait" mode).
(2) Focus and composition use different parts of the brain. So:
 (a) Choose your general composition
 (b) Turn the camera to "landscape mode"
 (c) Look for straight vertical lines
 (d) Focus on the straight lines: get them to converge.
 (e) Return to "portrait mode (if necessary) and make minor corrections in
the composition .
 (f) Press the shutter.

Move the camera (rather than the focus ring) to make small adjustments for
subsequent exposures.

Mike Quinn

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica focusing...HELP!)