Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica focusing...HELP!
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:16:21 -0800

Mark,

For me it's not just for close-ups.

The key here is "subsequent exposures".
If I'm happy with my composition, I don't want to change the subject to
camera distance.

Unless you're shooting race cars or other fast-moving objects (like
children), the subject often doesn't move much between exposures.

In the studio, the camera is fixed and you have to turn the focus ring to
compensate for minor subject movements. In the field, you have the option of
leaving the focus ring in place and moving the camera. The later is often
faster and more satisfying, even at portrait and longer distances.

Mike Quinn