Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicavit, After Market Products, etc.
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:56:58 -0500

> quiet any
> Leica products
> here they go
> >>
> >> Jim,
> >>
> >> Maybe you should ask Tom if he is really angry.
> >>
> >> Lucien
> >>
> Jim Hedger replies:
>
> > I donšt care if he is angry or not. He is such a nice guy he is probably
> > flattered (imitation is the highest form of flattery).
>
> Jim -- I thought Leica invented the Leicavit in the 1930's, before Tom was
> even born.

Steve,

I believe everyone knows that the RapidWinder IDEA (and form factor) is
based on the original Leicavit, as well as the idea of a "trigger" to use to
wind, but what Tom did, was develop (invent if you will) a new internal
winding mechanism, and that is partially what Leica MAY have (partially)
copied in their new design.

Austin