Subject: [Leica] curious experience with TCN
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:50:44 -0800

I know many folks shoot TCN at 200 instead of 400. Well the other day I was
setting the exposure so I thought...well you get the idea.

The Velvia didn't stand a chance at being shot at 400. Total waste. But the TCN
shot at 50 turned out to be pretty useful. So now I'm wondering if I'm better
off shooting it at like 160. There were some blown highlights in some of the
images but my Nikon coolscan 4000 seems to really do well in that environment,
much better with these dense negatives.

Here's a portrait from that roll of my son, taken indoors (obviously) summicron
50mm, wide open, slow shutter speed

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2003Images/tom.jpg>

I'm struggling with how to get the right gamma to share B&W across platforms.
This looks fine on my Mac but a bit light otherwise....

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] curious experience with TCN)
Reply from "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] curious experience with TCN)