Subject: RE: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank)
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:33:26 +0100

>(as an aside, when my partners old company was building villages in the
>Sakha Republic in arctic Russia, they would buy brand new Ladas for the
>construction work. First thing the engineers did was take them completely to
>bits and put them, together properly)

Yes, and when the job was finished ... those were probably the ones that
got exported :)

When the world opened up in the ninties, the Russians were pretty keen on
buying up any Lada they could find here in Sweden. They knew that the
exported ones held a higher standard than the domestic ones. We'd even find
notes on our windshield when we left it on a parking lot: Sell to me, sell
to me!

By the way, Sonny ... you did have your priorities right :)

Daniel