Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank)
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:06:00 -0500

>I'm not sure of all the details, but word has it that Fiat sold a
>factory, tooling ... the works to the Soviet Union and set up their
>factory. The parts where interchangeable (you could use Fiat parts
>in a Lada, but you're wisdom might be questioned if you used Lada
>parts in a Fiat).

Thus creating the Fiatski...Fiat also sold tooling to India's Premier
Automotive Ltd.  The Fiat 1100 lived on, as did the 127.  Not sure if
they're still in production or not - last time I was there was 1997
and they were still being built then.  Heck, they were still building
Hindustan Ambassadors, which were Morris Oxfords from the mid 1950s...
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Replies: Reply from "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu> ([Leica] FS: Fiat 128/ Premier Padmani [Was: Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank)])
Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank))
Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank))
Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank))