Subject: [Leica] Entry level non-Leica
From: Skip Clemmons <sclemmons@stephens.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:23:55 -0600

I learned with a Rollei 35, f 3.5 40, and I still use it when I want to go
light..  It takes a remarkable picture, accepts a flash, travels well, is
simple, and effective.  Set the aperture, estimate the (hyperfocal)
distance, point and shoot.  Only available used, should cost less than a new
Voigtlander/Bessa whatever, take a comparable or better picture, and elicit
better conversation at parties.  Easily repaired and there are quite a few
of them around.  Perfect student camera IMHO.  When he graduates to the
Leica, he will likely sell it without losing money, if necessary.

Skip Clemmons
Stephens Inc.
111 Center Street, Ste. 2400
Little Rock, AR  72201