Subject: [Leica] Digilux angst
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:40:58 -0800

I love the digilux 1 - it is a great fashion statement, and can take a
good picture once in a while (assuming I don't get in its way). But
twice now I have had a problem that I cannot tolerate, and I do not
know if it is me, my camera, the medium, or just bad luck.

I took about 50 shots the other day, came home and prepared to download
the pics to my PowerBook. Nothing happened. I unplugged the USB cable,
put the camera in 'play' mode and a message appears indicating that the
memory card has to be formatted. I tried half a dozen incantations and
spells, nothing good came of it. I lost the pics. The Secure Digital
card is a 128MB SanDisk, nearly new, and has been working fine for a
couple of months. Why should it go bad? This is the second time this
has happened, on the second card. Do these expensive little cards go
bad? I find that hard to believe. Do they have to be formatted
periodically? This is worse than opening the back of the camera before
rewinding the film! UGGHH!

Advice, ideas or general commiseration appreciated,
- - marc

Replies: Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] Digilux angst)