Subject: RE: [Leica] Latest shot from a digital with a Leica lens
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 01:17:29 -0800 (PST)

Actually
I have been looking into it for quite some time so
understanding isn't really an issue, It's unfortunate
that you have decided to take the discussion in that
direction. It seems to happen alot around here.

It's more than doable. If you insist on a shutter
prompted ccd you can use the m sync on older Ms.
Otherwise (with the M6) ccds can no be low-noise idled
so as not to require shutter prompted initiation.

The shorter than 28 lenses can use the ccd for focus
confirm with the shutter on b. Yes, you would need to
wind up open the shutter and then wind up again and
shoot. If you wish to use an lcd at focus time you can
you can. A focus only lcd can provide a much magnified
image of the central focusing zone. I would preferr no
lcd at all and would range focus the  thing except for
super critical tripod mounted shots.

Whatever the case an accessory ccd back would be
worthwhile and I for one would want one. As with most
accessories they aren't needed or wanted by everyone
but any camera maker with professional pretensions
should have something available for use with its line
of lenses for both practical and business reasons.

Javier