Subject: Re: [Leica] 35MMF1.4 glitch QUESTION AND ANSWER
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:20:37 -0700

So here is what we have so far. Lens feels fine unless mounted on a
body. Lens feels the same even on different bodies.

I cannot see it being a lubrication problem myself as there is no load
put on the focusing helical when the lens is mounted on a body. The
rangefinder roller runs against the lens cam but that is about it. If
it was a misaligned lever/roller, it would hardly be exactly the same
on two different bodies. So I guess I have more questions :-)

Exactly where does this hitch occur? (2m, 1.2m, etc)
A single hitch?
Over a small amount of travel or over a whole section?
Please give the range if it is more than a single spot.

Next I am going to recommend you use a cable release to hold the
shutter open at "B" while having the flip up back open. Mounting it on
a tripod might help with the not enough hands to do it all problem.

Can you see anything touching the lens other than the roller?
If you use a toothpick to pull the roller off the lens cam, does the
hitch disappear?
Anything?

John Collier