Subject: Re: [Leica] glitch in 35 f1.4? (Update)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:13:25 -0700

If after two hours you think it MIGHT be better (!!!) I would stop
right now. It is not just a grease problem after all that time. DO NOT
USE LIGHTER FLUID. It will just take grease away from where it should
be and, worse, put it where it shouldn't.  Now before we give any more
advice can you please give us more details?

Is it an Asph lens or an early non-Asph?
Can you return it?
Was it so inexpensive you do not want to?
Where are you so we can recommend somewhere close to have it looked at
it?
Are you SURE that the hitch is ONLY there when mounted on the body?

John Collier