Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R on Canon digital
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:24:20 -0400

At 10:20 PM 3/16/2003 +0800, Cummer wrote:
> [...]

Howard:

I am using a D2000, which is made by Kodak and the same as Kodak's DCS
520.  It is based on the EOS 1N body and has a pretty good finder.  Its
replacement is the EOS 1D.

http://www.eos-magazine.com/News_30_EOS1Dtable.html

http://photo.askey.net/reviews/kodakdcs520/

>I have used Leica R lenses on the Canon D60 and have trouble consistently
>achieving accurate focus on the non interchangeable focusing screen. My
>next Canon digital must have interchangeable screens in order to improve
>my focusing accuracy.

You will probably have to go for the 1D or 1Ds to get interchangeable
screens and brighter finders.  The screen on my D2000 is interchangeable
and excepts the 1N, 1V, 1D screens.

On the other hand, if I was to spend the type of money required to get an
EOS 1D or 1Ds, I would rather wait for a Leica digital and have the full
use of my Leica lenses.

Regards,

Robert