Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Fiat 128/ Premier Padmani [Was: Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank)]
From: "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 02:54:12 -0500

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Howard" <mvhoward@mac.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 17:22

> A. Lal wrote:
>
> >  Perhaps if you included a multicoated UV filter (B&W, Heliopan) we
> > could continue negotiations?
>
> Nah, sorry, I don't believe I have a single UV filter.  Oh well, I
> shall just have to pass on the otherwise fine offer.  It would have
> been a worthy successor to Eric the Red ;)
>
> M.

Too bad.

I was quite willing, as a gesture, to include in the deal very nice Pathan driver just for you. Having him drive you around in the
Padmani  in the Grand post-colonial manner would have been very comforting. No more squabbles over parking spots, no need for you to
personally argue with the mechanics at the service station over shoddy workmanshisp or overbilling.....

Should you wish to reconsider, let me know.

Akhil :-)