Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux angst
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:05:49 +0800

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Attinasi" <marc@attinasi.org>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 10:48 PM

> On a similar note, when I took a dozen images yesterday, stored as
> TIFF, the Digilux 1 kept 'crashing' when I downloaded them through the
> USB cable. I had to remove the batteries to free it up! The images
> could be retrieved from a card reader, but not through the camera
> itself. Anyone had similar issues? Is there a firmware update for the
> Digilux, I wonder?

Hi Marc,

i don't have the Digilux, but it is my experience with most digitals that it
is probably better to use dedicated card readers to pull those images off
the CF / SD cards. Better still if u have a FireWire card reader....:)

Attaching USB cables direct to cameras is unwieldy and have more potential
problems.

Boon Hwee