Subject: [Leica] Repair help?
From: Donna-Lee Phillips <dlp@pacific.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:33:40 -0800

Does anyone know a repair person who will do a very simple reassemble of
a 21 mm bright line finder? It is chrome, rectangular, and came with my
21 Super Angulon and M-2. I took it apart in 1984 because some humidity
had got inside the thing, but before I could get the black paint
replaced and the finder reassembled, I was in a brain-injuring auto
accident. I am just now relearning to use my Leicas, and could probably
put the finder back together, but I no longer have the hand-eye
coordination required, and can't even see a screw the size of the
missing one.

It requires only some black paint on the edges of the optical glass,
straightening out the little piece of glass with the "bright line" so it
is correctly positioned, and that one tiny screw on the eyepiece.

Sherry Krauter doesn't work on "old model finders". The list of repair
facilities I have is more than two years out of date. Someone
recommended a place two years ago when I inquired, some in Canada, but I
let the box sit around so long I lost the label... and there isn't any
Canadian listed on the list I have.

Thank you,

Donna-Lee