Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on Leica Remaking The Classic IIIf or IIIg With Modern Lenses?
From: Donald Ingram <donald_i@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:40:45 +0100

Hi Greg,

Having to re-cap the 'O' becomes habitual after a while ( my camera is
now getting that base brass look form use :-)

BUT that viewfinder is a disaster.
I believe that some original null series had standard type view-finders
fitted.
If Leica had done this the camera would be much more of a user.

Did the talk of Leica selling  the Anastigmat  as LTM ?
Perhaps If the tried this demand for a new IIIf could be measured from
increased used turnover in old cameras.

Regards,

Donald.

PS: Any news of a new Summilux 50 ASPH yet ? I am getting impatient !