Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Minolta Dimage Scan Multi II opinions?
From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:27:17 -0800 (PST)

I don't really know, nor am I sure if this helps you
at all, but I've swapped an arm and a leg for the Scan
Multi Pro, which amongst it's other attributes does a
similar trick. The normal optical resolution for
bigger than 35mm is 3200 samples per inch, but it has
a similarly tricky interpolation mode for 4800 spi. I
have to be honest and say that for my requirements (up
to A3+) the optical resolution is good enough - I've
only used the 4800 mode on one 645 tranny on which I
wanted to print the central portion to that size. Was
it better? I don't know. Did it work? Yup.

Unscientifically yours,

Nick